Inspiration Center Bookstore
(in association with amazon.com)
Below are books we recommend. To the right are popular books on alternative and complimentary medicine at Amazon. Go directly to a book to order via amazon, by clicking on the book title, or click on the amazon.com logo in the upper right to go to the amazon.com main page.
Catastrophe Living: Using the Wisdom of Your Body and Mind to Face Stress,
Pain, and Illness (Jon Kabat-Zinn)
- The originator of Mindfullness based stress reduction describes the technique in detail and his initial experiences with the original program at UMass Hospital
Heart's Code: Tapping the Wisdom and Power of Our Heart Energy: The New
Findings about Cellular Memories and Their Role in the Mind/Body/Spirit
Connection (Paul Pearsall)
- A wonderful book on cellular memory and evidence that love and healing are intimately related. Deals scientifically with the Mind/Body/Spirit connection.
Meditation Heals: A Practical Guide to Improving Your Health and Well-Being
- This book teaches the basics of meditation and explains scientifically how meditation heals the body.
Path with Heart: A Guide Through the Perils and Promises of Spiritual Life
- A very useful and compassionate approach to meditation. A must read for every sincere student of meditation.
Seven Mysteries of Life (Guy Murchie)
- A fun and fascinating and beautifully written book that will really make you think.
Your Doctor May Not Tell You about Menopause: The Breakthrough Book on Natural
Progesterone (John R. Lee, MD & Virginia Hopkins)
- Must read for every woman who is on or considering hormone replacement therapy.
- What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Premenopause: Balance Your Hormones and Your Life from Thirty to Fifty (John R. Lee, MD)
you Go, There you Are: Mindfulness Meditation in Everyday Life (Jon
- A wonderful book, and a best seller, written in short chapters for easy reading, by the person who originated Mindfulness based stress reduction.
Wrinkle Cure: Unlock the Power of Cosmeceuticals for Supple, Youthful Skin
- The diet suggested by Dr. Perricon as a "wrinkle cure" is the same diet Dr. Hall learned years ago as a part of her doctoral training in Clinical Nutrition class She has been advising this anti-inflammatory diet for patients with chronic pain for years. Now Dr. Perricone had discovered there are other anti-aging benifits to this same diet. A book worth reading.